Hi all,

There is open suggestion (https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-35288) to start
delivering MinGW 64 bit pre-built binaries. This has been requested several
times in mails, blog comments etc. We have discussed this earlier, last time
with Qt 5.10 where I proposed that we could replace 32 bit MinGW with 64 bit
one. But at that time we weren't ready for that. And it seems 32 bit MinGW
package is still quite widely used, see
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-December/031674.html .

With Qt 5.11 it seems we can finally drop MSVC2013 so we could "temporarily"
add MinGW 64 bit pre-build binaries in our packages in addition to 32 bit ones
and remove 32 bit MinGW pre-built binaries from 5.12 onwards. Making this
decision now would complete this discussion finally and still give users time
to move from 32 bit to 64 bit ones...

br,
Jani