On 04/23/2018 09:29 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
On Monday, 23 April 2018 18:08:19 PDT Phil Bouchard wrote:
Greetings,

Because Qt is very powerful, I would like to clarify the importance of
the following problems despite my previous informal attempts:
- The recent Qt 5.10.1 still randomly crashes for apps written on the
iPhone and for the Android as well.

Do we have bug reports for those? I doubt the crashes are random, they only
appear to be. They are likely very deterministic and most of them are easy to
fix, if the issue is in Qt.

I programmed a Facebook-like interface where I scroll up and down very fast and it ends up crashing. I can try to get a backtrace on the iOS and file a bug report. But that's a head's up.

- QML is an interpreted language thus it can be reverse engineered and
plagiarized quite easily.

There's a QML compiler.

Which is great but does it compile the Javascript code as well?

As you know 1 crash makes your application worthless. Those are facts,
whether today's mainstream developers like it or not.

Those are not the facts. I've seen Windows, Linux and macOS operating system
crashes. Those are hardly worthless. They're worth billions. My apps on my
phone crash sometimes too, and yet I still use them.

Remember when Wordperfect kept crashing in Windows 3.1 for some strange reason back in the days? People ended up using MS Word. The same with Netscape...

I have a solution that solves those problems and it's called: "Fornux
C++ Superset":

I doubt it.

As you know I have tested it with a much more complex software called: "libarchive" and it works flawlessly:
https://github.com/philippeb8/libarchive/commit/5858b5c047301123ffdf05f247f7d191829d5a9b

- Fornux C++ Superset harnesses the power of Clang.

Does it mean other compilers are not supported? That's a showstopper.

No it's just a Clang-based layer that injects complex C++ code into existing C & C++98 projects. You can use any C++11 compiler to compile the resulting code.

Regards,
-Phil