Hi,

I'm trying to understand why Qt4 applications on Mac do not correctly display
"font emojis" while they do on Linux. Qt5 apps are fine so I should be able to
satisfy my curiosity from the Qt5/Mac implementation of the relevant code.

Is there a specific place in the code where these glyphs get special treatment?
I notice that the glyphs appear to be rendered in the "Apple Colour Emoji" font
when using the CoreText fontengine; the FreeType engine shows little B&W
outline drawings.

An example string, from an email I received: "Heerlijk. 😇" (in
quoted-printable: "Heerlijk. =F0=9F=98=87").

PS: this one shows up as 2 empty rectangles, and causes significant activity
from the fontd.

Thanks,
R.