Il 03/04/19 17:06, Edward Welbourne ha scritto:
There is a whole world of difference between "can only be used in" and
"is not recommended for use outside".  The note is incorrect: if you use
these macros inside a helper function, they do cause the test system to
know the test has failed.  They merely don't cause the caller of the
helper to return prematurely, unless the helper checks for whether they
failed.

This note is our Get Out of Jail Free card, though. We can claim that any usage of test macros outside test functions was unsupported, hence we are allowed to break source compatibility for them (by turning them into exception throwers).

My 2 c,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts