I doubt adding one if condition to QMap insert and remove methods would be
noticeable. I might be wrong. if i am and the user needs a QMap API with few
elements, then the user should write a QListMap of some sort, not a QList and
sprinkling the code with unnecessary for loops all over the place. From: André
Pönitz Sent: Thursday, May 16, 20:46 Subject: Re: [Development] Views To: Paolo
Angelelli Cc: development@qt-project.org On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 06:31:13PM
+0000, Paolo Angelelli wrote: > i think you and alex stephanov are wrong. if
QMap API is convenient, > but does not perform for the few elements use case,
optimize QMap for > that use case, And then everybody else pays with cycles for
the detection of the special use case. Oh, yeah. I only today run (again)
across QDataStream performance. Super convenient, super flexible class. And
easily beatable by a factor of ten in performance for each and every individual
use case. So - no, you should not have to explain *each* use of a map to your
manager but for central parts of performance critical sections you should think
twice. Andre'