On 2019-05-17 11:36, Philippe wrote:
[...]
QVarLengthArray
While it is true that there's no such container, it's even more true
that there will never be one. Because C++ made the allocators, which
back in the 90s were just a way to handle near and far pointers on older
architectures, fit for actually abstracting allocation.

I don't know why you say there will never be such a standard allocator.
[...]

That may be because I didn't :O

In fact, I'd expect that some of the BDE allocators will eventually make it into the standard.

What I don't expect is to have stuff like inline_vector in the standard, because it's easy to replace (with a few elements lost) by vector + pool allocator + char[] buffer.