On 20/05/2019 16:51, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
20.05.2019, 16:02, "Bastiaan Veelo" <basti...@veelo.net>:
[...]

Qt Assistant officially only renders content with QTextBrowser
currently, which is too limited for many of us[1]. There are still
traces of greater WebKit times, but that code remains unused after
WebKit was dropped from Qt.
Note that it should be possible to rebuild QtTools with QtWebKit support,
for example this configuration is supported in Gentoo out of the box.

Interesting, I would not have guessed. The way I currently do the refactoring is breaking that possibility, though. It could be restored (I guess) by moving that code into a WebKit based plugin. But I'm not planning on installing Gentoo to implement and test that, and without WebKit being part of mainline Qt I'm not sure such a plugin should be either, especially when things are working with WebEngine.

If continued WebKit support is desired, and the plugin idea is welcomed, would you @Konstantin be able to help finish the WebKit plugin?

Or do you think that removing WebKit support from Assistant completely would be better, if WebEngine shows to be working well?

--
Bastiaan.