Den tis 21 maj 2019 kl 10:57 skrev Giuseppe D'Angelo via Development
<development@qt-project.org>:

> Il 21/05/19 10:26, Elvis Stansvik ha scritto:
> > They will not show up in the web search (I think).
> >
> > They are however available in the debian-debug archive, see
> > https://wiki.debian.org/AutomaticDebugPackages
>
> [snip]
>
> Genuine question, are those just the debug builds of a release build, or
> are those debug builds? There is a difference when compiling Qt itself
> (amongst other things, release builds do not have Q_ASSERTs in them).

I'm not 100% sure, I think they are just packages containing symbols,
so the build is the same (a release build). I think Debian packagers
hang on this list so they would know for sure.

That would mean Q_ASSERT is a no-op then, even with those packages
installed, so they are just good for getting better backtraces.

Elvis