On 2019-06-18 08:18, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
On 05/06/19 01:39, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Mutz, Marc via Development wrote:

and produces surprises such as
https://codereview.qt-project.org/gitweb?p=qt%2Fqtbase.git;a=commit;h=96dc9a19ae11ca140d681f0e2605b5f4b953e581

My existing QSharedDataPointer code always checks truth with
if (d.constData()) and never if (d).

Adding a const bool operator to QSharedDataPointer would solve the
problem, wouldn't it?

And (silently) break code that relies on the current behaviour, yes.

These subtle issues are why, as with QList, I'd just leave it as-is and deprecate it. But you guys think that's wrong, so I've started https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/topic:%22QExplicitlySharedDataPointer-deep-const%22+(status:open%20OR%20status:merged)

Decide for yourself: live with the deprecation warning and no change in behaviour, or ... happy porting ... The latter will surely make your code better, but for most of you, that doesn't seem to be an issue.

BTW: this is the proposed replacement of QSDP/QESDP for Qt-internal use: https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/115213 and no, it will most certainly _not_ be public API again. It's the fact that these implementation details of Qt, QSDP and QESDP, are public, that prevents us from fixing them. I will not be part of another such lock-in.

Thanks,
Marc