Hi,

> these are the notes on the QtQml session:

> Versioning
> ----------
>
> Once we get rid of unqualified lookups we don't need any QML versioning
> anymore. At least the minor version will become optional already in 5.15
> for well-behaved QML documents. In QML 3 it won't be allowed.

While I agree with this overall, there's still one caveat which I haven't seen discussed yet:

Imagine I have the following code:

Item {
    id: foo
    property color prettyColor: "#f0f"

    Rectangle {
        color: foo.prettyColor
    }
}

Right now "foo" refers to the Item. What if in a future update, Rectangle gains a new property "foo". Unless you want to force everyone to be explicit by using "this" (e.g. width: this.height) everywhere, which would be annoying, I don't see how this can be made future-proof without some form of versioning or some other magic solution?

Cheers
Kai Uwe