Il 23/11/19 09:47, André Pönitz ha scritto:
So let's make this a real proposal: Should we have

    qsizetype QContainer::size()
    int QContainer::count() const

?

It's an idea, but overly confusing and will make our API a mess.

(Also, concretely, what about count(T), indexOf(T), capacity(), removeAll(T), length(), all the functions returning QVector<T>::iterator::difference_type?)

I'd rather break ODR by offering a porting macro that applications can set, and that makes the APIs return int (but everything still uses qsizetype internally).

My 2 c,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts