Well, I think the popular Linux Distributions are pretty good at backporting
security fixes themselves. Not all Linux distributions have been settling on
LTS versions in the first place, and all major ones have been packaging Qt
before LTS versions were even introduced... So, while I'm not a Linux packager
myself, I don't think this is as dramatic for them as you seem to assume.

Kai