On 12/02/20 15:20, Vitaly Fanaskov wrote:
>> AFAIK, we don't have a procedure to make project-level decisions by majority
>> vote.
> True. We're discussing now. The goal here is to take people opinions and
> arguments into account before making a decision.

The problem I see, is that in your summary you are only reporting those
options that have had more consensus (or at least, according to the way
you perceived the discussion going); but in doing so, you are already
filtering out the alternatives, and therefore paving the road for a
decision.

Maybe what we should do is to collect all the different proposals and
let people fill them with pros and cons (wiki style) and then you can
proceed with a decision?
In this way, you'd also avoid people repeating the same positions over
and over the place.

(not that I have a positive experience with the wiki approach either;
but at least you are sure that all people taking the decision will be
aware of all the points for and against every alternative).

Ciao,
  Alberto

--
http://www.mardy.it - Geek in un lingua international