On 4/23/20 5:04 PM, Julius Bullinger wrote:
Another suggestion: Get rid if the aliases; use the fully-qualified
types instead.

I'm always irritated if I open the documentation of QVariantList from
within Qt Creator, and land on the QVariant docu instead. I'm interested
in the features of the container, not the contained type.

This is a documentation bug or a Creator bug. You're supposed to land on
this anchor: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qvariant.html#QVariantList-typedef

And I have to remember if QStringList is the same as as QList<QString>,
or if it's actually a different container with a different API.

In fact, it is-a QList<QString>. What's the problem here with its naming?

Thanks,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts