> On 10. Jun 2020, at 03:35, Lorn Potter <lorn.pot...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 9/6/20 11:23 PM, Alexandru Croitor wrote:
>>> - WebAssembly completely lost
>> That is true. As I mentioned in my reply to Andre, we tested it at some
>> point, but we don't have current plans to add it to the CI.
>
> I would be surprised if it actually built, as emscripten compiler for Qt
> WebAssembly needs special linker flags (beyond what is in the toolchain
> file), as well as in the platform app build, we move files and sed replace
> strings to make it all work.
>
> I spent an hour or so today trying to get dev branch built for webassembly
> using cmake, and could not get past the initial cmake call.

Note that my "tested at some point" did not mean it works now. Merely that a
conclusion was made that it should be doable.

Personally I never dove into gritty details of making it work, and when I tried
to set it up once, I failed as well.

But I know that when somebody did look into it, they were able to build qtbase
(this is when we were still using vcpkg for some of the 3rd party dependencies).