Am 25.08.2020 um 01:09 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
On Monday, 24 August 2020 15:10:24 PDT Иван Комиссаров wrote:
It would be nice if QAbstractItemModel will support qsizetype instead of
int, but I do not see how this is possible considering the fact that
rowCount/columnCount return int. I suppose, it is not very hard to patch
QModelIndex, but what to do with virtual functions? The user code will
break. The only solution I see is to add QAbstractItemModelV2 with the
«wide» interface and provide a proxy for the old one.
Do we need models with more than 2 billion rows or columns?
Not really, but I'd really enjoy implementing list models without having to litter static casts all over the place. Well, but seems that chance got missed once again with qsizetype still being signed. So what.

Ciao
Mathias