Hi,

Il 27/08/20 16:47, Thiago Macieira ha scritto:
So, can someone take a look at what it would take to make the models use 64-
bit and come up with a proper guide for how to maintain code that compiles and
works on both Qt5 and Qt6? The latter is very important: if you can't easily
maintain for both, we just add to users' pain. It might be as simple as a
typedef added to QAbstractItemModel.

Finger in the wind: it's going to be painful. int-based APIs are used

- in virtuals in QAbstractItemModel (rowCount(), but also things like moveRows() which take int as parameter, so changing it is a straight API break)

- in Q(Persistent)ModelIndex

- in convenience subclasses like QStandardItemModel (and of course in the convenience views)

- in selection handling

- in the views' convenience handlers (e.g. QAbstractItemView::rowsInserted)

Long story short, I don't see this happening without also some configure-time switch for a "qaimsizetype" or somesuch.

My 2 c,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts