Hi,

referring to

https://www.qt.io/blog/qt-6-additional-libraries-via-package-manager

it looks like that the situation regarding Qt binary packaging and distribution around the time 6.0 will be shipped will look like this:

1) Binary (*) Qt Essentials from the installer, OSS+Comm
   - QtCore, QtWidgets, QtQML, etc.

2) Binary (*) Qt Addons from the installer, OSS+Comm
   - QtSQL, QtQuick3D, etc.

3) Binary (*) extras from the installer, OSS+Comm
   - QtCreator, MinGW, OpenSSL, CMake, etc.

4) Source and/or binary Qt Addons from the Marketplace, OSS+Comm
   - QtPDF, QtCharts, etc.

4a) Non-software products from the Marketplace
   - E.g. TQC Trainings

5) Source Qt Addons from the Package Manager, OSS(+Comm?)
   - Qt3D, QtImageFormats
   - to be built manually

(*) One can install the source, but they're for debugging, one doesn't build them

Am I getting the complete picture? And am I the only one who finds this extremely confusing? How is the decision regarding what-goes-where made?

Thanks,

--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts