From: Development <development-boun...@qt-project.org> On Behalf Of Giuseppe
D'Angelo via Development
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 4:18 PM
To: development@qt-project.org
Subject: [Development] Changes to Freenode's IRC

Hi,

Freenode, the network that hosts our IRC communities, is in the middle
of some important community changes. TL;DR: most of the volunteer staff
resigned in protest with what looks like a sell-out of the network and
its user data.

You can read some more details here:

https://www.kline.sh/
https://coevoet.fr/freenode.html
https://mniip.com/freenode.txt

While Freenode won't shut down tomorrow morning, this still raises some
questions whether Qt wants to keep its community there or move to
another network. (The ex-staff has founded another network, libera,
where most people are moving.)

Who's in charge of the online Qt communities? What's the process to
decide about this?

Thanks,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer