Den mån 12 juli 2021 kl 22:45 skrev Tor Arne Vestbø <tor.arne.ves...@qt.io>:

> On 12 Jul 2021, at 21:19, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macie...@intel.com> wrote:
>
> So a full history import MAY have negligible marginal impact over a squashed
> import (.git is compressed). I recommend trying both and seeing by how much
> the qtdeclarative repository increases, then deciding whether "git blame" and
> "git log" working out of the box without a "git replace" is worth the extra
> cost.
>

> That’s a good point.

Concur.

Personally I'm always frustrated when I hit a dead end during git
blame. Even if the original repo will be kept around, it's an added
obstacle. And at some point, I'm sure it will no longer be available.

Just the other week I was trying to find the rationale for something
in a (non-Qt) project, and hit that kind of dead end. The code had
been moved in from another repo, without history, and the original
repo was not available anymore.

Elvis