I wouldn't mind adding/helping with adding/reviewing the necessary code to moc
so that it has that
compatibility support. I can certainly see the use case for it. However, I
think there are still two
things missing:
- a confirmation from Jörg that the current hard dependency on the exact
version can be avoided,
  else the whole thing becomes moot. Given the fact that we cmake has support
for version ranges
  that should however be trivial, as long as we actually preserve compatibility
(and accept the
  resulting maintenance burden).
-  some formal decision on how long that sliding window should be. 2 years
sounds fine to me, but it
   might be better to express this in terms of Qt minor releases.

--
Fabian Kosmale
Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH
Erich-Thilo-Str. 10
D-12489 Berlin
fabian.kosm...@qt.io
+49 1638686070
http://qt.io

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Jouni Lintunen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B