On 7/16/22 12:00, Felix Crazzolara wrote:

I wanted now to write some CMake code to ensure that Qt is always and entirely linked dynamically. For that purpose, I intended to iterate through the target properties LINK_LIBRARIES and INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES of Qt5::Widgets or Qt6::Widgets and check that all dependencies resolve to shared libraries eventually.

I have now two questions. First, is there some existing code in the Qt code base that does what I want already?

There is code for that as part of the .pri file generation, but it's not ready to be used outside of its scope. See QtPriHelpers.cmake for details.

Secondly, I noticed that an interface dependency of Qt6::Widgets is Qt6::CoreQt6::Gui and if I check whether Qt6::CoreQt6::Gui is a target with "if (TARGET Qt::CoreQt6::Gui)", it turns out that it is not. This confused me since it doesn't seem like a valid library name to me. How can I resolve Qt6::CoreQt6::Gui to an absolute file path?

Qt6::CoreQt6::Gui looks wrong and should not appear as dependency.
Are you sure that this is not an artifact of your code that extracts the dependencies?

Cheers,

Joerg