On Sunday, 18 December 2022 03:57:17 -03 Tuukka Turunen via Development wrote:
> Apple's standard license agreement allowes to virtualize two macOS instances
> on macOS.

I didn't know that. Thank you for the information.

That explains much better why cloud and CI providers basically allocate a full
Mac Mini to each customer job.

> Anyways, for the moment we don't yet have even that in use, just looking
> into leveraging the new virtualization framework Apple provides. There is
> also the issue of supporting both Intel and ARM processors during the
> transition period, which about doubles the HW need.

And given that Mac Pros are continuing with Intel Xeon line for the
foreseeable future, you can't turn off x86 testing or for binary products.

I wonder what will happen in a few years, when the last generation of Intel
Mac Minis stop working due to old age.