Hi,

This doesn't violate the binary compatibility guarantee per se, IMO. The
guarantee is against the Qt framework itself, not against individual libraries
in it. We also don't allow upgrading individual Qt modules, for instance.

Anyhow, you could consider making the dependency optional at configure time.
Then users who don't need it could still configure without qtmultimedia - no
idea whether this is worth the hassle though.

Regards

Kai