Supporting this in QJson would be nice, indeed. This could be an additional
mode, like described in https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-44226 .

Anyhow, given that this wasn't high priority so far, I wouldn't like to wait
for it. Even if we get such a JSON mod at one point, there is arguably little
harm in having the extra Comment field.

So, to wrap up: Let's go for the Comment field, as this fixes the immediate
need. Extending our JSON support to allow comments, or even switching to an
alternative file system is something we can still consider mid-term.

Regards

Kai