On Thursday, 20 July 2023 06:03:27 PDT Cristian Adam via Development wrote:
> On 07/20/2023 14:47, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > To Cristian: is the proposal to also switch from libstdc++ to libc++?
>
> Yes, LLVM  MinGW only comes with libc++.

Thanks, then that's doubly binary-incompatible. We cannot *replace* our
binaries with that build in a minor release (we could in 7.0).

We can provide both for a few releases so there's overlap and we advise that
we'll sunset the MSVCRT-based build.

Additionally, I would advise that you don't switch to libc++. That forces the
switch to Clang because GCC's support for libc++ is clunky and not all of our
users may be able to make that switch on Windows. The opposite (using Clang
with libstdc++) is well-supported and tested, so users could opt to using GCC
if they need or want to, without recompiling Qt.