On Thu, 20 Jul 2023, Cristian Adam via Development wrote:

On 07/20/2023 15:48, Cristian Adam via Development wrote:

      At How to open Windows crash dumps? | Qt Forum this is one case
      of using Windows minidump files with MinGW, which is not
      supported.

      With the LLVM MinGW and the PDB format I expected this to ...
      work.

      I've pushed an example at cristianadam/MaxiDump (github.com) it
      works with MSVC and clang-cl. With LLVM MinGW I've got the pdb
      and the dmp files, but WinDbg would not resolve when typing
      .excr

      @Martin Storsjö Any clues why it didn't work?

WinDbg didn't work, but lldb.exe itself works:

      lldb MaxiDump.exe --core MaxiDump.dmp

I've updated cristianadam/MaxiDump (github.com) with this new information.

Nice. I faintly remember testing using the PDB files with WinDbg at some point (not with minidumps though, only with intercepting a live crash), and I think that should work, as should using the full Visual Studio IDE. I haven't tested that setup lately though.

If you're using lldb in the end, there shouldn't be much need for actually using PDBs, as lldb should be able to use minidumps together with the default DWARF debug info as well.

// Martin