On Sunday, 27 August 2023 02:35:39 PDT Ulf Hermann via Development wrote:
> I've seen this one before. I suspect certain versions of fontconfig have
> an internal memory leak. For me, it fixed itself after an upgrade of
> some packages. Can we install debug symbols for fontconfig on the
> respective platforms? Then we could see a proper stack trace.

That rings a bell, indeed.

But I'm not convinced it's a leak, as opposed to reachable memory that wasn't
freed before exit.

I also don't think debug symbols will help here, since this is coming from the
dynamic symbols of the module in question, not from the debug info. If you
look at the qFatal() leak I fixed, you see that there are unknown QtCore frames
printed, meaning the stack trace didn't use debug symbols.