Hi everyone,

while investigating blurry font with native renderer in QML apps in Plasma 6 under Wayland with fractional scaling (devicePixelRatio 1.75 in my case), I stumbled upon QSGTextMaskMaterial::populate which rounds the glyph position [1] citing Mac OS behavior.

When I remove the rounding, font appears rendered correctly on my system (sorry for attachment ;), but this code hasn’t changed since 2014 and I am not very knowledgeable in this part of Qt. It’s also flooring the X and rounding the Y coordinate.

What’s the deal with that? Tor Arne, can you perhaps shed some light on this?

Cheers
Kai Uwe

[1] https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtdeclarative.git/tree/src/quick/scenegraph/qsgdefaultglyphnode_p.cpp#n455