Hello,

On 03/12/2023 21:56, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
Some days ago we got an error report in the forum about QHashIterator,
turned out to be a missing documentation for a complete class which
remained unnoticed since Qt 6.0
(https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-119461).
This leads to the question if we should deprecate all java-style
iterators since they seem to be a) not widely used and b) it looks like
we don't support them in a way we should.
What do you think?

While any "serious" code should build under QT_NO_JAVA_STYLE_ITERATORS¹, how much maintenance do they cost us? There's been virtually 0 changes on them since Qt 6.0.

¹ We should of course open the chapter of having something that defines all these QOL macros. No one should be using the Java iterators. Here's a draft:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/522833

My 2 c,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer