On Friday, 8 December 2023 18:51:19 PST Marc Mutz via Development wrote:
> I think we need to mandate that if you want qint128 support, then you
> must compile with gnu++NN, which is actually the default on both GCC and
> Clang. We seem to switch that off (-ansi on).

Now answering the point you actually raised:

I agree. If you want to use our qint128 API, you should use a standard C++
library that knows about it too. You can mismatch at your own risk.

That only brings the problem that QtCore and QtTest must support int128 if the
library *can* support it. We must either switch to non-strict mode in
compiling those two libraries or we must ignore our own flag in them. Neither
option is appetising.