Just as a reminder, the "C++20 is mandatory for users of Qt (Phase III)”
(https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-109362) says "The tentative plan is Qt
6.12+”

and "C++20 is required for the development and buiding of Qt itself (Phase II)”
(https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-109361) - "The tentative plan is Qt
6.9-6.11”

With all the respect to the power of C++20 and enthusiasm to use it from Qt
Project developers, what should we expect from all other users if we would make
this change in 6.8, considering:

a) just 4 months left to the Feature Freeze for 6.8
b) there is zero communication to users beyond the above issues on Qt But
Reports and discussions on this mailing list (which is actually for Qt
developers and not Qt users, BTW)
c) there is no other communication about the done and ongoing works introducing
C++20 in Qt and plans for future versions, beyond the talk from Mark at QtWS22
and careful reading of “What’s New” pages

Qt crashed such a change on users with C++11 and with C++17 in the past. Each
time after this, there were much more negative responses than “thank you”s. I
still hope we find a way to do this better this time. And just “faster” is not
“better"

In the current shape, my vote is “no”.

--
Vladimir