Il 15/03/24 19:22, Giuseppe D'Angelo via Development ha scritto:
Il 15/03/24 19:17, Jaroslaw Kobus via Development ha scritto:
+1. Typically, the designer of a subclass knows what he is doing. But it
   also happens that users of this class know better how to use it :)
I'm not sure what this means.

If you override `event()` (public in QObject) as e.g. protected, it's
either a mistake in good faith (you thought it was protected all along),
but it's never a "I know better". You clearly*don't*  know better, as
you don't know C++.

I'm really sorry, I just realized that this can be read in a very offensive way: the "you" above was in *no* way directed to Jaroslaw Kobus. It was a generic "you" -- as opposed as "I know better", for a generic subject "I", not necessarily the writer. I apologize to Jaroslaw if this caused a misunderstanding.

--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - Trusted Software Excellence