> On 8 May 2024, at 07:32, Marc Mutz via Development
> <development@qt-project.org> wrote:
>
> I'd like an option that actually solves for the needs of QtNetworkAuth.

1. Move the plumbing of the URL handling to private APIs in QtCore, used by
QDesktopServices
2a. Add a helper QOAuth2AuthorizationCodeFlow::openChallengeUrl function that
uses the QtCore private api
2b. Have QOAuth2AuthorizationCodeFlow automatically open the browser via the
QtCore private API

No public API changes needed to QDesktopServices needed, which means we’re not
blocking the QtNetworkAuth work on the work required to research
activities/intents APIs (which is not scheduled for 6.8).

Tor Arne