On Tuesday 18 June 2024 07:53:32 GMT-7 Giuseppe D'Angelo via Development
wrote:
> I think this is now effectively a separate thread of discussion, since
> these deprecations create source incompatibilities, not binary
> incompatibilities.
>
> Should we discuss it at the QtCS in a couple of slots?

Please note we *can* have a binary-incompatible, source-compatible version,
technically speaking. We do have two version numbers in our binaries:

 libQt6Core.so.6

The first 6 is the source version; the second one is the binary version.

How to communicate the difference to users, how to market the versions, and
whether it is worth the hassle are completely separate topics.

  Principal Engineer - Intel DCAI Fleet Systems Engineering