Hi,

> I have a side question for this discussion(raised by Ivan in personal
> conversation):
> Should we also force the -fexec-charset= for the gcc-like compilers?
> Currently we use the system default one, which in most cases is UTF-8.

actually, I raised this question in the personal conversation because I
suspected that
minGW acts differently and uses the system charset. However, I did some more
testing, and it seems that I was wrong.

So, I also think that no further action is required at this point.

Best regards,
Ivan

------------------------------

Ivan Solovev