> On 15 Aug 2024, at 12:00, Jarno Lämsä via Development
> <development@qt-project.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to request a feature freeze exception for VxWorks input handling.
>
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/581635 Enable mouse handling
> on VxWorks
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/581636 Enable keyboard
> hadling on VxWorks
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/581637 Enable compilation of
> evdev touch handlers on VxWorks
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/581638 Enable device
> discovery using evdev on VxWorks
>
> These were planned for Qt 6.8 but were delayed.
> The changes here are only affecting VxWorks and no other platforms.
> The changes are implementations of functionality that exists already for
> other platforms.
> The changes do not have any effect on public facing APIs.
>
> With best regards,
> Jarno Lämsä

As per discussion in today’s release team meeting, we don’t see that these
patches implement a new feature, but rather implement functionality that is
present on other platforms. That’s something we do regularly for patch level
releases as well (e.g. to support new versions of certain platforms, or to fix
bugs in functionality that doesn’t work on some platforms, even though it
should).

There's a bunch of new code, but there’s no new public API and most of the
changes are isolated to VxWorks, which isn’t tested in CI as of today so won’t
cause any new challenges with CI or qt5.git integrations either.

So go ahead with targeting those patches for the 6.8 branches in addition to
dev. The patches have comments that need to be addressed before they can be
approved.

Volker