Hello,

Yes, leave a comment so this way I will be notified and I can change the 
Affects versions.

Br
-Jouni

Confidential
________________________________
From: Pierre-Yves Siret <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, 23 September 2026 13.26
To: Jouni Äijälä <[email protected]>; Qt development mailing list 
<[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Development] Error database cleaning continues

You don't often get email from [email protected]. Learn why this is 
important<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>
Hi,

> If you know that a bug reported by you can be reproduced also with supported 
> Qt version please add the correct “Affects versions” label. Otherwise it will 
> be closed.

What should be the process for issues not reported by us where we can't edit 
the affected versions but know that Qt 6 is still affected?
Leave a comment on it and you'll reopen/won't close the issue?

Multiple of my watched issues in this situation have been closed already (or 
will be?).

Cheers,
Pierre-Yves



Le mer. 16 sept. 2026 à 11:27, Ilya Fedin 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> a écrit :
On Wed, 16 Sep 2026 08:43:03 +0000
Edward Welbourne <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

> Ilya Fedin (15 September 2026 17:21) wrote:
> > But now I'm not sure what to do... It seems I couldn't change the
> > affected version of reports from other people but they all are still
> > valid:
>
> I've added 6.11.2 to QTBUG-59668 and QTBUG-63884 based on these
> reported verifications.
>
> I did need to click quite close to the existing affected versions
> before the Jira UI recognised what I was doing as an attempt to
> modify the field, so maybe the issue is just hitting inside the
> invisible space around those markers ?  It should now be possible to
> click between versions to test that.  Jira UX often leaves room for
> improvement :-(
>
>       Eddy.

Not, it doesn't work, I guess I just have no rights for that. A pity
you didn't add it to QTBUG-80434, it's the most annoying of those given
a non-ending stream of end user complaints and eng11bits-qt6.patch from
the comment still almost applies on dev (`git checkout v6.2.2`, `git
apply eng11bits-qt6.patch`, `git stash`, `git checkout dev`, `git stash
pop`), with the only one trivially resolvable conflicting hunk in
qfontengine.cpp due to `int x = 1` being `int x = contextFontMerging ?
0 : 1` on dev while the patch just replaces `256` by `maxEngines` on
the same line.
--
Development mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://lists.qt-project.org/listinfo/development
-- 
Development mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.qt-project.org/listinfo/development

Reply via email to