On 05/22/2012 05:56 AM, Thierry Reding wrote:
Hi,

I was looking at booting an x86-based platform using DT. However I wasn't
able to find a bootloader that supports this. There also doesn't seem to be a
method to append the DTB to the zImage (which I wouldn't want to use anyway).
Does anybody know of a bootloader that supports this?

I'm currently using syslinux (specifically extlinux) and was looking at
perhaps adding the support myself based on the information given in
Documentation/x86/boot.txt. However I'm not overly familiar with syslinux
code and this could prove more difficult than I anticipate.

The only x86 platforms that use DT seem to be OLPC and CE4100 and according
to the web the OLPC has a complete OF implementation. Does anyone know which
bootloader the CE4100 uses?

The falcon falls CE4100 based board we used to do the DT support uses redboot
The code is available at git://gitorious.org/driver-work/redboot.git

I never got to the point where the bootloader was loading the FDT from storage.
I linked the FDT blobs(s) into the kernel and used a kernel command line option to specify the compat string for the blob the kernel should use.

You can see a snapshot of what I was using at:
https://gitorious.org/driver-work/linux/commits/base-ce4100.public

The command line parameter stuff did not get merged linking the DTB(s)
into the kernel did
aab9433 of: Add support for linking device tree blobs into vmlinux

Thierry