Hi Mauro,

On 10/28/2013 11:11 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
The following changes since commit 8ca5d2d8e58df7235b77ed435e63c484e123fede:

>     [media] uvcvideo: Fix data type for pan/tilt control (2013-10-17 06:55:29
-0300)

>  are available in the git repository at:
>
>     git://linuxtv.org/snawrocki/samsung.git for-v3.13-2
>
>  for you to fetch changes up to 6eb89d71b27e6731755ab5722f3cdc0f6e8273f2:
>
>     V4L: Add s5k4e5 sensor driver (2013-10-18 21:36:42 +0200)
>
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------
>  Arun Kumar K (12):
>         exynos5-fimc-is: Add Exynos5 FIMC-IS device tree bindings
documentation

As agreed during KS, the subsystem maintainers should wait for a documentation
review on DT by the DT maintainers, at least for a while.

So, I'd like to see either their reviews on this patch:
        https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/20439/

Or their ack for us to apply it.

I agree with you on that. Just please note the first version of this patch
has been posted *5 months* ago https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/18684

Stephen has reviewed subsequent version about 3 months ago:
https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/19521

Then we got no more comments from DT maintainers, I have reviewed this patch
multiple times on the mailing lists:
https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/19715
https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/19749

And explicitly asked for an Ack:
https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/19832

Then those 2 versions passed silently:
https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/20055
https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/20225

And...huh...we got another review, I didn't notice it until now:
https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/20439 Thanks Mark.

Arun, care to address those review comments and send us an updated
binding documentation patch ?

Hence I think we have waited for a while. ;)

>         exynos5-fimc-is: Add driver core files
>         exynos5-fimc-is: Add common driver header files
>         exynos5-fimc-is: Add register definition and context header
>         exynos5-fimc-is: Add isp subdev
>         exynos5-fimc-is: Add scaler subdev
>         exynos5-fimc-is: Add sensor interface
>         exynos5-fimc-is: Add the hardware pipeline control
>         exynos5-fimc-is: Add the hardware interface module
>         exynos5-is: Add Kconfig and Makefile
>         V4L: Add DT binding doc for s5k4e5 image sensor

Same applies to this patch:
        https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/20448/

This one also have been on the mailing list for quite some time and it
uses already standard bindings, so I assumed it is OK to merge it.

https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/project/linux-media/list/?state=*&q=s5k4e5

But if there must be an Ack then we shall wait, it will probably won't
make a big difference now, if this patch is postponed by 3 more months.

--
Thanks,
Sylwester