On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 06:25:04PM +0000, Stuart Yoder wrote:
> I think that comment "Currently supported enable-method is psci v0.2" is a
> statement of
> intent, not what is available currently.   And the only plan I am aware of is
> PSCI
> with UEFI based firmware.
>
> U-boot is a key firmware platform for us and has no PSCI implementation
> available.

Please note that PSCI isn't implemented by UEFI. On ARM Juno (and other
platforms), PSCI is implemented by ARM Trusted Firmware [1], and the non-secure
side can be UEFI (EDK2), U-Boot, or something else entirely.

> So, we need this.  The device tree simply describes the hardware that is
> there and that's what this patch exposes.
>
> If down the road all firmware provides a PSCI based reset interface then
> we will naturally use that.  But we need something in the meantime to
> let us reboot the system.

I appreciate that you need this if you do not have a PSCI implementation. I was
mislead by the comment.

Thanks,
Mark.

[1] https://github.com/ARM-software/arm-trusted-firmware