On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Cary Wells wrote:

> Just wondering, is the bulletin board and mailing lists running on an
> e-smith server?

What do you think? :-)

> if so what are you using for the mailing lists?

If you have a look at the full headers of a mailing list message, you'll
see this line:

Mailing-List: contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]; run by ezmlm

and that is no surprise, given Gordon's message:

> There is now a bulletin board to email gateway for each of the bulletin
> boards on www.e-smith.org The mailouts are handled by ezmlm, so you can
> now add yourself if you are interested in watching the bulletin boards.

We actually use the ezmlm-idx variant of ezmlm - you can read about it at
http://www.ezmlm.org/. It is currently a custom modification to our
servers, but you can rest assured that there will be an e-smith-manager
option to manage mailing lists in a future release. In fact we are just
leaving now for the airport to pick up a new employee who will be working
on that as his first task :-)

  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)
  Phone: +1 (613) 564 8000 ext. 4378    Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739
  e-smith, inc. 1500-150 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1 Canada