Pierluigi Miranda, Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 1:45 AM
> Hmm... on my 4.0.1 the redirection works like a charm - the
> images are not
> there to be found, but this is another story, the blocked.cgi
> is executed.
>
> It seems an Apache configuration issue... Is your system a 4.1.x?
>
> E-Smith should have Lynx installed: try this commands:
>
>     lynx http://localhost/
>
> you should see your E-Smith home page in character mode. If not, try
>
>     lynx http://127.0.0.1/

Hi Pierluigi,

My set up is 4.1.1.  All other references to localhost seem to work
except in the squidGuard.conf.  This file required the full domain
name URL to work correctly.  I agree it doesn't make sense but
that's what we found.

I had to create the following fix:

/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/usr/local/squidGuard/squidGuard.conf/

50-acl-local
60-acl-default

Edit both files replacing http://localhost/cgi-bin with this entry:
http:{"//${SystemName}.${LocalDomainPrefix}${DomainName}"}/cgi-bin

Next expand the template with this command:

/sbin/e-smith/expand-template /usr/local/squidGuard/squidGuard.conf

Then reconfigure squid to use the new template we just created:

squid -k reconfigure

Fixes required to /home/e-smith/files/primary/cgi-bin/blocked.cgi

This file requires editing to become completely set up for your e-smith
environment.  This is a simple cgi web page.  Edit and/or remove the
A HREF= and A HREF=mailto: entries, as appropriate for your needs.

Darrell