On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, stephen noble wrote:

> [...]
> in general, how do you co-ordinate the updates for a contrib
> wait for someone to put their hand up ?  don't look at me

The usual method is:

- Make modifications
- Test modifications
- Make diffs which show the changes and apply them to the previous version
- Roll a new source RPM _with a new version number_ and changelog entries
- Notify the author/maintainer of the location of the updated RPM
- Author/maintainer then integrates/accepts changes (or not)

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)