On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, Aldert E. van der Laan wrote:

> I have a question about flexbackup.
> I wanted to have a look at the cron job and maybe modify it for my needs.
> What userid is used for cron jobs?

"root". You can work this out for yourself by looking in /etc/crontab (or
/etc/crontab.d/flexbackup when we move it to there). Or grab the
e-smith-flexbackup source code RPM (the src.rpm file).

> Just started a manual backup, many many thanks for this enhancement.
> I feel more comfortable now when I make changes.  I can do a dump before I
> make changes and if the thing blows up I can quickly recover.

Let me know if you have trouble with flexbackup. We know of at least one
problem - the SCSI tape driver sometimes has trouble getting a 64k
contiguous buffer. A workaround is to add this line to /etc/conf.modules:

options st buffer_kbs=64

and then run "modprobe st" at startup time.

  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)
  Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739
  e-smith, inc. 1500-150 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1 Canada