On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, geoff s wrote:

> Hello, is there by default a mysql account that I can use for my php
> program? if so what is the username and password for this account? I
> dont want to use root to do this. If there isnt an account already
> setup how can I create an account to do such a thing. All I would need
> it to do is have all properties except purge.

Please see the MySQL documentation. All the information you need is there.
You'll need to use the root account to add tables and set up the access
permissions for your new user.

  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)
  Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739
  e-smith, inc. 1500-150 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1 Canada