Michael Jung wrote:
> EICAR Test is one thing, packed and coded attachment another.
> Take care about  zip, uuencode, lha etc. attachments.
>
> Unfortunately I deleted the vbs/i-love-you and last the
> vbs/naked worm when we received it, otherwise I would have
> test my combination of Amavis and Sophos.

Understood Michael however it is a beginning test to see if the
virus scanner is at least operational.  Also the EICAR site
includes a text, executable .com, a single zip and a double zip
file for download and testing.  Works great and a simple way to
test any virus scanner without harm.

If you have the time, how about installing RAV and comparing
the two?

Darrell