Hi John, if you wish, I'll be happy to work with you to try
to troubleshoot your flexbackup issues.  If you could provide
more detailed information on the errors you get and the work
you have done in troubleshooting these issues so far I'll
see if I have anything further to add.

Alternately I have worked with Taper extensively and could
assist you in switching to a complete Taper solution if this
becomes the only answer for you.  As Charlie noted taper does
not support a command-line restore so from e-smith's perspective
this doesn't fit their design goal.

Regards,

Darrell