On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, J-L Boers wrote:

> As the text states, fixes have been available since October. My questions
> relate to E-Smith updates and their releases. I run 4.0.1 and am planning
> the 4.1B3 install soon. I haven't been running E-Smith very long and did not
> find this in the FAQ.
>
> Does any given E-Smith release contain all the security updates from RedHat
> as of the date of the E-Smith release?

As you can see in the announcements of 4.1b2 and 4.1b3, they contain all
available updates.

> Should I just apply RedHat fixes / updates as they are released or does the
> E-Smith team plan to look them over / change / modify them and release them
> on their own.

The e-smith team evaluates all RedHat security updates to evaluate whether
the security flaws they address are applicable to the e-smith server and
gateway. If the updates should be applied to e-smith servers, then the
updates will be posted in the "updates" section of our ftp site and will
be announced on our web sites.

  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)
  Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739
  e-smith, inc. 1500-150 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1 Canada