also sprach michael:
> Questions:
> Is there anything known to be strange with rtl8139 (perhaps on 100MB only)?

It's a cheap card; performance and stability are less-than-desirable for
most cases under Linux. Note that this is a Linux driver issue more than an
e-smith one.

> What actually *is* the right driver for SMC Etherpower under Linux?

We have a bunch of Etherpower II's running with the epic100 driver. See
<http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/index.html#PCI> and
<http://www.scyld.com/network/epic100.html> for more info on this card.

/pg
--
Peter Green : Gospel Communications Network, SysAdmin : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---